Three Cheese Hamburger Helper
Here are some facts about the Groundhog..
- the groundhog lives in Canada as well as the eastern and midwestern U.S.
- it also goes by the name woodchuck
- it’s a member of the squirrel family
- Willie has not always been Willie (In 1956 they started with Grundoon followed by Muldoon, Dandune and then Willie.)
- they average two feet long and about ten pounds (that’s three boxes of Hamburger Helper)
Popular Groundhog day activities include..
- go around the office all day making crude jokes about seeing ‘Willy’s shadow.’
- go around telling everyone that Wiarton Willy really did not see his shadow again – because he’s been dead for 14 years (true)!
- get up in the morning, put on your Wookie costume, run around the backyard screaming “me shadow, me shadow, I can’ts finds me shadow”.
Groundhog day is February 2nd. Mike’s top five ways to have fun on Groundhog Day.
#5. Watch the Bill Murray movie Groundhog Day, then watch it again the next day and the next day…
#4. Go around the office all day making crude jokes about seeing ‘Willy’s shadow.’
#3. Bring a big flashlight to work and amaze your co-workers by making amusing shadows on everyone’s walls.
#2. Get up on the morning, put on your Wookie costume, run around the backyard screaming “me shadow, me shadow, I can’ts finds me shadow”.
#1. A pile of fake fur on the kitchen floor, a large box of Groundhog Helper on the counter and let the kids figure it out for themselves.
Groundhog day is today! Since 1841 men have watch these groundhogs ascend from their holes to predict either an early spring or six more weeks of winter. The Top Five Ways to have a little fun on Groundhog day.
#5. Run around the back yard in a wookie costume.
#4. Drive with your brights on all day (lotsa shadows)
#3. Call the airport and have them page Mr. Willie all day.
#2. Go around the office all day making crude jokes about Whiarton, Willie and his shadow.
#1. Fry up some ground beef, lie a little to the kids about what’s for dinner.
March is here! Aside from Olympic athletes that inspired a nation going back to surviving on dorm food and begging for government hand outs. Mike’s top five other ways you can tell it’s March.
#5. Five months worth of doggie nuggets are simmering on school fields and playgrounds.
#4. We’ve been out of playoff contention for several weeks already.
#3. After missing the RRSP deadline again, you realize you’ve been mathematically eliminated from retirement.
#2. A lot more kids in elementary schools raising their hands to spell this month more than last month.
#1. You have soccer cleats, court shoes AND hockey skates in the back of the van.
#1a. Feels like you haven’t heard the word Groundhog in quite a few weeks.