For a perfect soft boiled egg…
1. Put cold water in a pot (2/3’s full).
2. Put the lid on the pot and bring it to a full boil.
3. Once the water is boiling, gently place the egg in the boiling water (you can do more than one, as long as they bang together).
Leave the lid off.
4. Turn down the temperature on the boiling water, but keep it bubbling.
5. Leave the egg in the boiling water for…
- 5 minutes for a runny egg 🙁
- 5:30 for a soft boiled egg 🙂
- 6 minutes if you don’t like it runny
6. Once the time is up, remove the egg from the pot carefully with a spoon and place it in an egg cup.
The timing is important. Don’t let the egg sit too long. The egg will continuing cooking until you open it.
Did this work for you?