Here’s my abbreviated take on why you (I) should quit Facebook this year (from the HuffingtonPost article “11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook”)…
- Reading is out, pictures are in.
- Can’t keep anything private.
- Too many parents on it now.
- Posting photos you don’t like.
- FB even keeps track of what you don’t say.
- FB makes you feel inferior.
- “Friends” you don’t even know.
- You realize you only really like about 20 people.
- Friends keep announcing engagements.
- Too many ads.
- Breaking up with someone is harder.
Also with Facebook… Did you hear about FAD? Maybe you have it?
Psychologists have introduced the diagnosis FAD — Facebook Addiction Disorder — as a new kind of addiction disorder. If you’ve got FAD, maybe it’s time to quit Facebook. Mike’s top five signs it’s time to quit Facebook.
#5. You suck @ Farmville!
#4. You find your work is becoming a nice break from Facebook.
#3. You have run out of clever status updates and have start re-tooling and re-using some of your earlier works.
#2. You just realized you are so much less interesting than everyone else you know and you are reminded of that fact every day of your life.
#1. Honestly? No hashtags?! #whatswithfacebookanyway