If you’re thinking of buying someone a good book for Christmas, here are the most popular books of 2012 (so far) according to Amazon.com.
- #1. Fifty Shades of Grey: The Trilogy (*Caution: not for grandparents or aunts and uncles or sisters and brothers or nieces and nephews or cousins… Google it, but not while you’re at work.)
- #2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Google it first…)
- #3. Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath (Self help book)
- #4. Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, Book 2) by Suzanne Collins
- #5. No Easy Day (The firsthand account of the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden)
- #6. The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 7)
- #7. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Suspense)
- #8. The Official SAT Study Guide (Not sure why it’s on the list…)
- #9. A Song of Ice and Fire (The Game of Thrones series)
- #10. The Harbinger by Johnathan Cahn (Google it first…)
If you’re thinking of buying someone a less than good book, here are Mike’s top five least popular books of 2012 (so far).
- #5. “How to Become the Most Hated Man in Sports History”, The Gary Bettman Story.
- #4. “Fifty Cents of Grey” by Curtis James Jackson III.
- #3. “Game of Thrones”, A brief pictorial history of outhouses and porta pottys at outdoor music festivals.
- #2. “The Hunger Games” by Mike Bacon… err Benny.
- #1. “I Wanna Hold Your Hand”, The story of an 8 year old at Seaworld!
My picks (for real): Life of Pi, No Logo 10 (Naomi Kline) & The Wealthy Barber Returns (David Chilton)