Here are some facts about the Groundhog..
- the groundhog lives in Canada as well as the eastern and midwestern U.S.
- it also goes by the name woodchuck
- it’s a member of the squirrel family
- Willie has not always been Willie (In 1956 they started with Grundoon followed by Muldoon, Dandune and then Willie.)
- they average two feet long and about ten pounds (that’s three boxes of Hamburger Helper)
Popular Groundhog day activities include..
- go around the office all day making crude jokes about seeing ‘Willy’s shadow.’
- go around telling everyone that Wiarton Willy really did not see his shadow again – because he’s been dead for 17 years (true)!
- get up in the morning, put on your Wookie costume, run around the backyard screaming “me shadow, me shadow, I can’ts finds me shadow”.